COVID-19: We are playing it safe this Summer!
First of all, many thanks for booking your Suite at our Lodge in Pohara Beach! Covid-19 definitely has changed our world but happy enough not the unique beauty of Golden Bay. Seeing the Bay less crowded looks so much better and will give you as a visitor the freedom, privacy and serenity all of you are looking for this year!
To provide you certainty, flexibility but also the full enjoyment of our Lodge facilities, we would like to keep you up to date with all the new measurements we have put in place to guarantee you an unforgettable and safe stay at our Lodge this Summer. At the same time we want to reassure you that we are providing industry best practices in hygiene and sanitizing.
May we ask that you read carefully all the changes below in preparation for your stay at our Lodge so your holiday with us is a relaxed and worry-free experience like all holidays should be!
There are no cancellation fees for any guests who book directly with us and need to cancel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
If any New Zealand COVID-19 restrictions change to preclude you from staying at The Bay Lodge, we will fully refund your deposit (if any) and exempt you from any cancellation penalties.
Note that we cannot exempt standard cancellation policies for bookings made through third party online booking websites. Therefore, we recommend (re)booking directly with us for maximum flexibility and our best rates.
If COVID-19 travel restrictions prevent you traveling to Golden Bay or an early return to your home is required, no cancellation charges will apply and nothing will be charged for the unused nights.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking for safety reasons of our staff or our community to comply with new restrictions imposed or suggested by the Ministry of Health or the New Zealand government.
Breakfast & meal services
Our servicing and breakfast options have slightly changed to meet Health Ministry best practices. Unfortunately, this means that we can’t offer any of our Gourmet Breakfasts in our private dining room.
However, our delicious breakfast hamper option will still be available. This will be offered as an in-room/outdoor breakfast service and will be delivered to your Suite in the morning from 8.30am.
Our gourmet platters and stone grill options will still be available to enjoy privately indoors in your Suite or on your outdoor deck.
Please pre-order your meals through our website or by e-mail and this at least 48 hours in advance to allow us to buy high-quality ingredients and minimize our staff contacts to collect our groceries.
Your health & our room servicing
Our high standard room servicing schedule is updated to include extra safety measures. Between our guest stays, and during COVID-19 alert levels we will:
- Conduct full sanitisation focusing on touchable services for all our guest facilities to ensure the well-being of our guests, staff and our community.
- Additional in-room amenities will be available in your Suite or from our Guest Kitchenette as an alternative to our daily room service.
- Mask use will be mandatory for all guests when interacting with our staff or other guests in the Lodge.
Garden, outdoor spa & swimming pool
Not much has changed here. As a guest you still have full access to our garden, entertainment area, swimming pool and spa. Only the following small changes will apply:
- For our outdoor spa, we will use a pre-booking system that allows each guest couple to use our spa in full privacy for a maximum of 30 minutes a day. Between use a 30 min interval will be in place to allow full sanitisation. If you prefer to minimize staff contacts, you can make your reservation by intercom, e-mail or text to our email address (email@example.com) or cell phone (027 227 7672).
- At our swimming pool and courtyard area, we opt to allow only one couple/family at a time. May we ask you to put all used towels in the bin provided and sanitize the used loungers before you leave. Note that you can enjoy our pool area for as long as you want. We only ask to be respectful and limit your time if you notice that other guests are present in the Lodge and might have interest in using this facility.
- Please know that happy enough our friendly service, beautiful Lodge & panoramic views have remained the same and still will make your stay an unforgettable one!
We fully appreciate your cooperation and are convinced that these small adjustments will help to keep us all safe this Summer and as a guest will guarantee you the full enjoyment of our ‘slice of paradise’ in Golden Bay! Remember that we only do this to prioritize your personal health and safety, along with that of our staff and wonderful Golden Bay Community.
If you still have any questions or uncertainties, please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you all to our Lodge.
Sonja & Filip Rasquin
Managers The Bay Lodge – Pohara Beach